I got a job offer today. It went like this:
I was walking. I walk every day because the alternative is to stay home, and I haven't even got a telly. A pay phone rang as I walked by. Odd, but not that odd. Kept walking. A phone in a shop rang as I walked by. Coincidence. Then, another pay phone. I answered it. Why not? What else have I got to do?
It was a woman's voice. She knew my name. Dr E's going to think I've lost my marbles, but she had me watch the surveillance cameras as, one by one, they all looked away. Leaving me in a blind spot. Then the limo pulled up.
Long story short, I'm going to Devon tomorrow to look after her two children.
1 comment:
(Back reading in honor of the upcoming anniversary)
You know when you phrase it like that it's amazing you're still around a year later to tell us these stories.
Post a Comment