Wednesday, December 29, 2010

oh, my heart

Dinner tonight included actual vegetables. (Sorry, food is taking up rather a lot of my brain with Mrs Hudson gone. She'll be back tomorrow, and I'll start talking about... Well, I can't promise more interesting things, but certainly different things.) In the mean time, veg:

Spinach, cooked in our one pan, with butter and salt and pepper. I think anything tastes good with enough butter. There may also have been parmesan on top. It's still spinach, all right? It counts. Sherlock said it was good and then started singing "Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts." What are they teaching him at that school?

He also said, after dinner, that he would like a heart to dissect and since I was a doctor, couldn't I get him one from the hospital?

"A human one?"

"Of course a human one. They don't keep pigs at hospitals."

"A pig one would be easier to get hold of."

"Pigs are pigs." Cue withering look.

This is what comes of letting him read Gray's Anatomy.

(Could I get him a heart? Well, probably. Could talk to Mike. Is this a good idea? Perhaps a field trip to the mortuary rather than body parts at our flat? Am I completely loony tunes?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the US we can get biological stuff (non-human) via Carolina Biological supply. The pigs heart kit costs $9.80.

Post a Comment