I took photos when we went to the park. These are the tadpoles before the home invasion conducted by two small children and two large dogs. I hope no one was injured.
They look like they're sleeping in a big tadpole pile. I would like to be sleeping, although not in a big pile of tadpoles. It's really difficult to type pile and not piles. My fingers want to add that last S on there. Couldn't tell you why.
I went to take an exciting dinner of pasta and chicken and peas to Lestrade and Sally and got an inadvertent tour of their current case. The victim's maybe a year or two older than Sherlock. I treated kids sometimes in Afghanistan. These were just photos. I don't know why
Right, this is absurd, I'm going to bed now.


14 comments:
Good luck with the sleep. Maybe L's solid presence will keep the bad dreams away. And if the worst comes as least he'll be there for hugs when you wake.
Yay, tadpoles! Soon they will be frogs, which are some of my favorite critters. The largest tadpoles I ever found were in puddles in the ruts left by tanks (this was at a military reservation used for infantry training) in grassy fields blue with lupines. It's all very poetic in retrospect, but at the time I was sevenish and very intent on getting muddy.
When you treated kids in Afghanistan you weren't emotionally attached to two of your own.
Lestrade, Sherlock, Mycroft - please make sure John gets extra hugs for a little while. :)
It's perfectly understandable why the fact that the victim was a kid affected you, now of all times more, because you're emotionally attached to two kids. It's not absurd, it's empathy. What might a bit absurd is you staying up so late when you'll have to look after those kids in the morning. :) Rest well, I hope you're feeling better soon, and I hope Lestrade solves the case and brings the criminal to justice.
I can understand why the case, and the photos, might haunt you now that you're responsible for two children, one of whom is close in age to the victim, especially if murder wasn't the only crime perpetrated.
Maybe some activity that doesn't remind you of children, murder, or anything else heavy or negative would help -- watching a comedy, or a favorite (happy) movie? (No, I wasn't thinking of that, though if you're both willing, it might be a good distraction.) Or engaging in some menial, mindless activity that requires concentration, like cleaning? It'd probably beat lying in bed awake unless Lestrade's there to keep you company.
I'm sorry that there are such terrible people in the world, and sorry that you had to see even photos of what s/he/they had done. Anyone would be affected, but especially since you have two boys in your own care now, and you mentioned the resemblance to Sherlock.... It isn't in any way silly, or a weakness, to be upset by that.
Maybe you can get the boys to join you in watching a trashy film, or Sherlock to expound on his duckweed plans, or something of the sort, until they fall asleep and/or Lestrade gets home. I think in this case their company may be more important than bedtime? Perhaps? (Though, having never dealt with an overtired Sherlock, that may not be the case....)
♥
A blanket to warm you,
A soft hug to charm you,
And a sheltering angel, so no dreams can harm you.
Sleep well, John.
Toodle,
Bronwyn
I have tadpoles just like these in my pond! I don't think tadpoles ever sleep. They just wait in the dark, biding their time... I'm making them sound sinister but I don't think they are.
I hope the sleeping helped.
It's natural, love. I actually feel bad that I've become hardened to it. Murder isn't the same as what you've dealt with. It's deeply personal and horrible and violent, especially a case like that.
I feel bad that you had to see it all. I'm sorry.
Bike ride in 40 mins. Hopefully that will take your mind off it.
I have a website for you, John:
dailysquee.com
It has lots of adorable baby animals to look at and make you feel better.
I know he's gone quiet, but Danger did survive the bike ride. And i think he might even have enjoyed it.
That's it? The pair of you spent the afternoon smooshed up together with him holding you tight whilst you had a big engine throbbing away between your legs and "he survived, might even have enjoyed it" is all we get? It's not nice to tease, you know :-p
(And big hugs to both of you, because neither of you should have to deal with that kind of shit - even if it is your job - without hugs)
I have to echo Anonymous. Your viewing audience demands details! O:-)
What can I say. Neither of us had the time to post afterwards. Otherwise occupied.
With skating lessons. I know what you were all thinking
"skating lessons"...
Oh, that's how you call things like that today. ;)
Post a Comment