Saturday, November 27, 2010

new address

We've got one! I won't be posting it here obviously, and I haven't actually seen it, but I'm reliably informed that it exists. I think their mum is just buying the entire building. I can't imagine what it must be like to have that sort of money.

No, you know what, that's a lie. I can absolutely imagine it. Especially having lived here for a bit, with the mysteriously lit fires and breakfast in my room when I wake up and no cleaning to do ever. I think I'd hate it, really. No offense to Mrs Hudson, and it's lovely she does all this for us, but I keep thinking about the time between getting out of hospital and getting this job.

If I hadn't needed to look after myself, I might've just got in bed and stayed there. I'd like to think I'm not the sort of person who'd do that, but knowing now what it's like to wake up to tea within reach... I just don't know. There's something to be said for having to work for the necessities of life. Then again, if I'd had Mrs Hudson then I think she'd have chased me out of the house with a broom if necessary.

Huh. I think this has suddenly become the longest post I've written on this thing yet. And look, Dr E, that's introspection up there, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment