My husband keeps silently meowing at me. He did it once in unison with Maf and has not stopped since. Says he caught it off her and she's clearly contagious. He appears to be right, since Sherlock has started doing it too.
And climbing trees and climbing Greg and getting his face in everyone else's food, but that's more or less normal behaviour...
We went to the park, well, various parks, looking for frogs, playing free-form rugby with the dogs, and now L and Mycroft are conferring about dinner. L is still trying to meow silently at me, but he makes himself laugh every time now. And me. And Sherlock. And Mycroft looks to Maf for sympathy. They are now the two most dignified people in the flat.
Also I caught her riding a dog earlier today.
And climbing trees and climbing Greg and getting his face in everyone else's food, but that's more or less normal behaviour...
We went to the park, well, various parks, looking for frogs, playing free-form rugby with the dogs, and now L and Mycroft are conferring about dinner. L is still trying to meow silently at me, but he makes himself laugh every time now. And me. And Sherlock. And Mycroft looks to Maf for sympathy. They are now the two most dignified people in the flat.
Also I caught her riding a dog earlier today.
70 comments:
I was about to say I'd like a dog big enough to ride around town... but I guess that's called a horse.
I shall put in a transfer to the mounted branch tomorrow.
This reminds me of the ants the size of dogs vs dogs the size of ants poll.
Ha!
What would you do if I bought home a horse?
I would know it was only a matter of time until giraffes.
Maf just showed me a paw-full of claws. I don't think she wants me to get a horse.
It does sound like a neigh vote.
...Wait...
Anyhoo, happy Passover/Easter/Spring, all!
I like how casual she is about it.
She just yawns, stretches a foot out and shows you the razor sharp face-shredders she has at her disposal, then cuddles back onto John's lap, like butter wouldn't melt, watching me with one eye.
She may as well have a megaphone and be yelling 'This used to be your spot, you're never getting it back, human!'
The image of all this silent meowing, laughing and despairing looks is just delightful, you have the most fun. ;)
I'd have to agree that it could only go downhill from a horse. ;)
Did you make your egg purchases today or is that for later in the week.
Hey, it seemed to be working for her, I thought it was worth a go!
Eggs have been purchased. And put far, far out of reach. Sherlock virtually hugged his all the way back from the shops. It wouldn't have remained very egg-shaped.
I see you've noticed the power of the silent meow. I'm not sure if humans can harness it, but if you manage I shall feel very bad for John. All that cuteness and no defense!
Also, back when I could have chocolate, I often had the urge to hug it. So, I am totally on Sherlock's side with this. Everything needs a little love - why not chocolate? It gives us so much. :)
Found this. We already know John's answer to one question...because he's done it!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/joannaborns/super-power-quiz
(My super power was to turn into a puddle. Which is a mistake - it's John who turns me into a puddle!)
I got the power to explode into a cloud of glitter, which makes me think John and I have something in common.
Ha, Mycroft said that was one option - Sherlock certainly has that power already. Maybe he can teach you how to use it?
Indeed, I bow to his wisdom in matters glitter.
I'm... not sure how I feel about this.
You got: the power to explode into a cloud of glitter
Your enemies will think they’ve got you cornered, but that can never happen because you’ll just explode into a cloud of glitter. Not only will you get away, the villains will be finding glitter everywhere for months to come. Maybe even years.
Handy escape tool, I guess?
Oh, Becca, I didn't see your comment! I'm joining you in glitteriness :) With Sherlock as our mentor. We could form some sort of club, but no one would want to have to vacuum after us.
Well, I'm miffed. Becca gets to explode into glitter - I got the power of white hot puns. Not so useful, plus I'm no good at them. I'll have to hang around with the cool kids and let their powers obscure the meagerness of my own.
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the cat. Cat-riding-dog was predicted early on and has come to pass. Excellent pet rescuing, John.
RR - wishing you a blessed and happy Passover, with all the family and friends you can stand.
Ella - hope your friends' baby is doing well.
Becca - I'd say this may be a sign that one of the upcoming casts features glitter. Hope the healing continues.
I shall now go and bore someone to death with my poor punning superpower. Unless when the power kicks in I get significantly more clever.
fA
fA - good news, there are no upcoming casts! This one is the last one. Next week on Tuesday I go into a boot. And start to put a little bit of weight on it, hooray.
P.s. Does Mycroft admit to a superpower? I am imagining the power of the Raised Eyebrow of Sorely Tried Tolerance (What? they gave me punning and Lestrade melting into a puddle, I think the REofSTT is well within possibility.)
fA
Becca, that's awesome! That seems like pretty efficient healing (though I imagine it seems a lot lengthier on your end of things). Congratulations! Mobility is on the horizon!
fA
President Obama did a reddit Ask Me Anything once. Someone asked him if he'd rather fight a duck the size of a horse or a hundred horses the size of ducks. I believe his answer was the duck the size of a horse, because after he defeated it he could fly on it around the world and fight crime, or something.
The baby's doing much better, thanks, fA! She's off oxygen, and now they're trying to convince her to eat through a bottle so they can take her off IVs. Her dad is reading her The Hobbit. :)
Ella
And here we have a scientific analysis on the feasibility of hose-sized ducks and how they would fare in battle:
http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/01/president-obama-would-choose-to-fight-the-horse-sized-duck/267071/
Ella
I got the power to explode random objects. No mention how large the explosions might be, or of glitter.
I can also explode random things. Unfortunately, I already promised to use my super powers only for good, but I don't quite see how exploding random things can be used constructively.
Ella
Um, which one is getting their face in everyone's food, Maftet or Sherlock, because honestly, I could see both/either....
Awww, I just got:You got: the power of white hot puns
Criminals cower in fear at your pun-making abilities. Wait, are you a sandwich? Because everyone is calling you a hero. Except your would do much better than that.
I got the one I suspect Sherlock would like: the power to eat an infinite amount of pizza. I suppose it could come in useful sometime. Although I'm staying clear of you glittery ones.
Glad to hear about the baby, Ella. And RR, although you've probably gone by now, Happy Passover.
He already has that power!!
You need power to make more pizza and not sleep ever.
I shall work on it...
I'm hopefully doing my firearms refresher the next two days, if I can juggle staff. They had a cancellation. Bloke broke his finger getting dressed.. Probably best he doesn't get a gun ;)
I have to admit, I would really like the power of not having to sleep ever. That's a third of my life that I could get back!
I sort of love the fact that nobody knows why creatures sleep, other than "We get tired." Great scientific mystery.
Ella
It's when our brains download the activities of the day to our alien overlords. Scientific fact.
Same thing! She mind melds with you, that's why she likes sleeping wrapped around your head.
If I'm wishing, I'll wish big - I'd like the power to insert 4 extra hours into the day between 2 and 3 a.m. I love to sleep, I like staying up late, I love getting up early and seeing the world before all the people take the quiet off of it.
Get on it, Holmes brothers. If anyone is going to invent flexible time warps that defy physics, it'll be you two.
fA
I would like the power to pause time so I can read this entire book while I wait for my fate to be decided (I had to report for jury duty. Will I serve? Will I be sent home? Will I be deemed unfit for service? Will I get bored and make random things explode?)
Ella
I've been in some waiting rooms, Ella, where that last one would be the most likely!
Ella! Try not to make random things explode. Even if they are not traced to you, you will be there a lot longer, you will not get to read your book, and you'll have to go back another day for jury duty. Explosions in a courthouse are going to create a major reaction.
fA
right now...I want to go for a run.
Question is, shall I go on my own...or with an army of kids, dogs and husbands (and possibly a kitten.)?
I wonder if anyone's ever run a Marathon with a cat...
By 'with' I assume you mean 'ridden by'. Maf would sleep the whole way around.
...dare I ask why Sherlock is looking at pictures of animal carcasses?
Is he? What sort?
I'm looking for Condors eating things.
http://www.condorwatch.org/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=zoo&utm_campaign=CondorLaunch#/
It's like finding planets except Condors.
Good call, fA. And exploding random things in a courthouse almost certainly does not fall under the umbrella of "use powers for good."
I've been sent away without getting put on a jury, so am now at work. Democracy is safe.
Ella
Ravens are boring and there are loads of them.
It's one of life's problems, kiddo...
I shouldn't have to go to bed so early in the holidays.
Between bedtime and ravens your evening has just been full of woe.
But a nice sleep will make it all the better, I'm sure.
John--A present for you (and, I suspect, the cat, if only for the hypnotic aspect of the gif):
http://bbcamerica.tumblr.com/post/82807383539/tea-time
Ella
Lovely morning. Lie in. Maf did a classic trying to jump on the bed, digging her claws into the fnug and dragging the whole lot onto herself on the floor. Then she sulked.
Now I'm off into the classroom...
Good luck with the refresher Greg.
I hope you're making the most of your holiday Sherlock :-)
Ella - very soothing GIF. If I ever cleared my (computer) desktop of open windows & files I hope to work on, I'd put it up there to gaze at.
Good day to all. Onwards.
fA
Its far too sunny to be wearing full body armour and crashing into darkened buildings :(
But it'll soon be home time :)
Home! Early! Chaos!
always! ;)
And don't you just love it :-D
Enjoy your extra time all together :-)
I have so far established that something was planted at the allotment today ("Proper planted not in a pot!"), but not what, because then Sherlock wanted to tell me Mycroft's news, and John tried to stop him then a dog trod in the cat's food and then headed to the carpet with a meaty paw, so John tried to stop HIM...so yes, chaos. And yes, I do love it.
Sounds like a great day was had by all! What's for dinner?
Hey Boss, saw this and thought of you, so to speak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymqrl7F60U8
Why Sally, what are you trying to suggest?
Lovely homecoming!
(Sally, where do you FIND these things?)
fA
Sal!!
Dinner is veg and spuds and chops.
And that makes me think of John - it's the colour of the bike, honest ;)
Maybe that's what she was insinuating....
And because I can imagine John setting such a trap for his rustling business. Except no decent beast would go for a BMW ;)
So you enjoy winding him up before bed then, making sure he's good and annoyed? ;)
So... what was planted at the allotment (properly)? And Mycroft has news?
Indeed. The answers are there, if you know where to look...
Ah yes, so they are :-)
Has anything with glitter for Easter?
What the....
Has anything with glitter been made for Easter?
(That's better!)
Post a Comment