("No, Sherlock, it's not called that because we have to clean up all the boxes.")
Lestrade's off to his sister's and Mrs Hudson to hers. A's gone as well. Seems she actually has family. Not sure why that surprises me. She's quite young; it'd be more of a surprise if her parents weren't still alive. Must be a large family, too, judging by the pile of presents the lesser minions helped her down to the taxi with. [...presents with which the lesser minions helped her...] (Mycroft. Stop editing my blog. I mean it. My blog, my grammar.)
I slept on the sofa last night, and the night before. Why, you ask? Because the boys' mum stayed over. Everyone's a bit cautious still, but there were hugs when she left this morning. Pre-clean-up, of course. I should've done it yesterday, but watching Phobos and Deimos bound through the wrapping paper like snow drifts was really too amusing.
They're so well behaved normally. I suppose everyone was on a bit of a Crimbo high. At one point, Mycroft wedged himself and the dogs into the box his (admittedly enormous) telescope came in and refused to come out until he was promised a trip to somewhere with stars. A promise he did not get of course; the government of this flat does not respond to blackmail. And there's only so long two enormous dogs and a 12 year old can stay in a box that size, especially when one of the dogs has gas. (I suspect Phobos. He ate something off the street on Christmas day. I don't know what it was and I don't want to, but it couldn't have sat well with him.)
I understand recipes are traditional on blogs (and pictures of cats, but we haven't got any of those), so here's what I'll be making for dinner tonight.
Frozen Pizza
1. Remove from box
2. Preheat oven to temp listed on box
3. Important! Remove plastic from pizza
4. Insert pizza into oven and cook for time listed on box
5. Remove, slice, and eat your portion in the kitchen before the boys catch sight of it
Dead simple, right? The last step can be a bit tricky, but it gets easier with practice. Happy Christmas, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment