Mycroft put AIM on Lestrade's laptop. He messaged me from work today and the result is below. Sometimes I think we really should try to act more like adults.
lestrade
I JUST HEARD AN AD FOR A CAR CALLED THE RC Z
lestrade
IT SOUNDS LIKE ARSEY Z
john
wow
john
the arsey
lestrade
how's your arsey?
john
hahaha
john
MY ARSEY BROKE DOWN!
lestrade
"Get many miles to the gallon?"
lestrade
“...in your arsey?”
john
how's the suspension on your arsey?
lestrade
"sure, just hop in to my arsey!"
lestrade
"it's very roomy!"
john
ha
lestrade
on the ad it says "it chooses you. it owns you"
john
your arsey owns you
...i sort of want this car now
I JUST HEARD AN AD FOR A CAR CALLED THE RC Z
lestrade
IT SOUNDS LIKE ARSEY Z
john
wow
john
the arsey
lestrade
how's your arsey?
john
hahaha
john
MY ARSEY BROKE DOWN!
lestrade
"Get many miles to the gallon?"
lestrade
“...in your arsey?”
john
how's the suspension on your arsey?
lestrade
"sure, just hop in to my arsey!"
lestrade
"it's very roomy!"
john
ha
lestrade
on the ad it says "it chooses you. it owns you"
john
your arsey owns you
...i sort of want this car now
24 comments:
You two are ridiculous . . . ly adorable.
I suppose you'll blame it all on the sugar high from the fudge?
p.s. - no "junk in the trunk" reference? I'm oddly disappointed.
Some marketing dude didn't do their job at all. They Arsey Z indeed. That's almost as bad as "is there a ring of debris around Uranus?" Of course, that one depends on the long A pronunciation.
Tinkerty-tonk!
Bronwyn
Also, it seems evident that YOUR arsey owns lestrade.
Or the recent advertisement for the "pegged boyfriend"!!! (They're talking about jeans, but seriously, people, do a little market research.)
Okay, I'll go be good and look through more job listings now.
Bronwyn - Oh my goodness. The Uranus line is... sort of horrifying, I think.
Now I can't ever think of the planet without thinking of this. D:
It wasn't an American ad by any chance, was it? Because that would just sound like RC to an American. Luckily for me, however, I am fluent in the slang of both languages (British and American), so I can hear innuendo in twice as many places.
I do plenty of acting like an adult when you're not around. But having you as my toyboy makes me feel young again!
Echoing what Innie said in the first comment. Some car company -- I think it was General Motors -- gave a car a name that meant "pregnant" in Spanish. They had to change it for the market in Spanish-speaking countries.
Lestrade - Don't you mean boytoy?
He doesn't mean either, thank you very much! I'm much too old to be boy or toy.
He's being ironic. Sort of. Look at it this way: he's saying you're youthful, or make him feel younger, and that your relationship is playful rather than a difficult slog . (I almost typed "hard slog" but thought better of it.) I don't think he means that you are a plaything.
No, Lestrade is not paying me to write this. Though maybe he should :D
I'd accuse you of being 12 but I think Mycroft might get offended. Though he might understand what I mean if he were stuck in a classroom full of blokes his age.
I seriously wonder about the salaries these people draw when they clearly never say their product names out loud. Chevy tried to market the Nova back in the day to the Latin American countries. Yes please, I'll take the car that doesn't go.
You're young at heart, Danger, that's what matters. And you do make me feel a little less ancient. Well, until Sherlock reminds me I'm positively decrepit, according to his standards.
Cheque's in the post, Lawless.
nd how is enterprise losing to something I've never heard of ?
Lestrade - looking forward to the cheque.
You haven't heard of the Joss Whedon TV show Firefly and the movie sequel Serenity? It wasn't my cuppa, though I adored Buffy and Angel and liked Dollhouse, but you're showing either your age or non-geekiness.
Orio, Carla says she told you ALL about Firefly and she can't believe you've forgotten, and that you're 'useless'. (But you can borrow her DVDs and educate yourself.)
Nicky
xx
Did she? Sorry - I'm sure I was listening at the time.
Lawless - Nope, sorry. Well, apparently I have, but I don't remember it. I think I'm showing both age and non-geekiness? I don't know. I don't think I'm a geek. I do know Buffy - know as in, heard of it, not know as in 'know anything about it', but Angels, Dollshouses and Serenity are all meaningless to me.
Star Trek is, however, a classic, but I never could keep up with all the new ones they kept inventing.
Man, I wish I had a smart-mouthed boyfriend to exchange jibes with during working hours. The best I usually get is arguing about Harry Potter with a friend of mine.
Today is the most boring day in the history of boring.
I was, of course, on my lunch break. I wouldn't dream of talking to Danger when I should be working.
Danger, on the other hand, works 24/7, so Mrs Holmes should have words with him...
Hey, don't take it as a critique- when I AM at my desk (and not in court) my work consists of murdering trees with the power of bureaucracy. I love it when they scold me for being behind on my pointless paperwork because I've been out of the office doing stuff that MATTERS.
Sometimes being able to IM a friend is the only thing that keeps me sane.
I was actually assuming that John would turn up and mock me, rather than really defending myself. I don't really get set breaks, just like I don't get paid overtime. The joys of being a DI.
I'd say you should move over here (our cops get paid overtime), but...yeah, I don't think you actually want to. Heh.
Sergeants and Constables get overtime - but Inspectors and above don't. And I'm not sure I'd cope with the change, if I'm honest. Set in my ways, I am.
Also, it seems evident that YOUR arsey owns lestrade.
Innie, if only you knew how true that was.
I would've loved to have turned up and mocked you, but I was too busy doing my job. :P
Is that a tongue you're poking out at me?
I have a use for that tongue...consider it a new part of your job.
Post a Comment