From now on, people may only get killed between the hours of 8am and 8pm. I feel I'm being generous by not limiting it to 9 - 5. Twelve hours a day is plenty of time to get yourself dead. I could even go 8am to midnight, but that's my final offer.
Lestrade's off to a crime scene. He got the call about fifteen minutes ago. I was surprised he could move that fast after yesterday. To be honest, I was surprised he could move at all. I made him coffee and a couple of sandwiches to take along. With luck he'll remember to actually eat them. (L, if you haven't eaten them by the time you read this, now's probably a good time.)
I don't know what the case is about. I'll probably feel terrible at being so annoyed about it when I find out. Someone's died after all. Right now though, I'd just like to be in my warm bed with my warm boyfriend. (I keep waffling over using that word; we're neither of us boys anymore, but I've always said girlfriend, so.)
The boys are both up and I think rather upset. Sherlock keeps asking why Lestrade had to go. Either he's really not fully connecting his murder stories with Lestrade's job or he's just too sleepy right now. Mycroft does know what happened and he's being very quiet about it.
...
I've made us all cocoa and let them climb in bed with me. The Dogs of War are asleep at the foot of the bed. It's not just for their sake, I must admit. It would've been hard getting back to sleep alone.
...Right, well. Sherlock's up to speed now: "Next time I want to go with him. Can I go now? Where did he go to? Can we get a taxi?"
No, no, I don't know, and no. But I let him text Lestrade to say good luck, which has satisfied him for the moment. And now to get some more sleep before it's time for school. Good night/morning.
Lestrade's off to a crime scene. He got the call about fifteen minutes ago. I was surprised he could move that fast after yesterday. To be honest, I was surprised he could move at all. I made him coffee and a couple of sandwiches to take along. With luck he'll remember to actually eat them. (L, if you haven't eaten them by the time you read this, now's probably a good time.)
I don't know what the case is about. I'll probably feel terrible at being so annoyed about it when I find out. Someone's died after all. Right now though, I'd just like to be in my warm bed with my warm boyfriend. (I keep waffling over using that word; we're neither of us boys anymore, but I've always said girlfriend, so.)
The boys are both up and I think rather upset. Sherlock keeps asking why Lestrade had to go. Either he's really not fully connecting his murder stories with Lestrade's job or he's just too sleepy right now. Mycroft does know what happened and he's being very quiet about it.
...
I've made us all cocoa and let them climb in bed with me. The Dogs of War are asleep at the foot of the bed. It's not just for their sake, I must admit. It would've been hard getting back to sleep alone.
...Right, well. Sherlock's up to speed now: "Next time I want to go with him. Can I go now? Where did he go to? Can we get a taxi?"
No, no, I don't know, and no. But I let him text Lestrade to say good luck, which has satisfied him for the moment. And now to get some more sleep before it's time for school. Good night/morning.
29 comments:
Oh, poor Lestrade! And poor Watson/Holmes household for having to give him up at insane o'clock.
Man, I hope Lestrade gets enough rest afterwards! And you too. It seems to me that Sherlock's adorable when he's excited about something... though you'd probably don't want him to be excited at those ungodly hours. :P
A back at the Yard now. Will eat sandwich when I get a minute, sorry to cause chaos in the household. Sherlock must have ears like a bat to hear me getting up. My bones don't creak that loudly. Unless it was the dogs hearing me that woke the boys.
Bad news is, if this isn't sorted tomorrow might not be a day off any more. It's a bit...well, right now things aren't adding up. Or they are, but not in a good way. I'll call you later.
That's the curse of being a police officer (and his boyfriend), I suppose.
I do hope all of you get some time together and do something nice after the case.
Sandwich report : half eaten, half donated to Sally. Good enough?
Case report: things are adding up now. Tragically.
Mood: low. Don't think I'll be very good company tonight. Might see if this blogging thing really is cathartic.
Good enough. I'll make her one too next time.
Come over anyway. If you want to of course. I promise you don't need to be cheerful.
This is Sally, I'm just using his laptop while he's on the phone. If he is cheerful, don't believe him. He's too good at hiding it when a case effects him. And this one's been pretty horrible, even if it is all wrapped up bar the paperwork.
cheese and pickle is my favourite. And do you have a brother? A straight one, I mean.
Thanks for the tip. Send him home when you can.
No brothers at all, but I've got a gay sister if you ever decide to switch teams...
Is she hot?
Elizabeth - Thanks, it was a bit jarring, but I suppose you can't expect murder to be anything else, no matter the time of day.
Lupe - I hope he does too. In fact, I'll see to it.
Stellary - Yep. Worth it though, of course. Still, I feel my law would benefit everyone. Even the murderers - if you want to kill someone at 3.30am, you're much less likely to want to after you've had a good night's sleep.
Harry, my dear sister. Love. NOT EVERYONE IS SECRETLY GAY. If you'd believed me about that when you were fifteen, your life would've been a lot easier.
(And yes, she is.)
I'm sorry that your nice warm nest was disturbed. Maybe Sherlock could help make the sandwiches next time, to let him feel a bit more connected? For Lestrade and for Sally, who sounds like an awesome sergeant. (I bet Mycroft is working a way to get your law passed.)
Poor you, all of you! I hope you guys are alright now, especially Lestrade. Gruesome murders are never much fun to process, I imagine... (well, not for most people anyway. There's always exceptions to everything.)
Sherlock sounds way too interested in crime scenes. Try keeping him away from them at least until he's a double-digit age... (I'd say older, but I on;t think it's possible.)
Man, midnight phone calls are unfailingly unpleasant, and I'm certain they're infinitely more so when one deals in law enforcement. My deepest sympathies to all of you and I'll keep Lestrade in my prayers. Don't let Sherlock pester him too much.
Tinkerty-tonk,
Bronwyn
Leaving the yard now, but going to see the family involved and explain what's happening on the way to yours. Could go three ways: door slammed in my face. Lots of shouting and door slammed in my face or they might want to talk.
Good luck.
Innie - that's a really good idea, thanks. I hope he'll sleep through next time, but I know it's a faint hope.
Sylv - I'll try, believe me. I'm reassured that he's more interested in unravelling the mysteries than in the murders themselves. Perhaps it's be expected, given his life so far.
Bronwyn - Thanks. :) I'll do my best.
Sounds like an eminently sensible law to me!
I think small children are naturally somewhat macabre, not having had society's mores drilled into them. I certainly remember being very interested in the insides of deer and rabbits - in fact, I think I learned most of my anatomy by pointing at organs and asking "What's that?" (My family butchered our own meat, hence the organs to point at.)
I hope the case wraps up with the minimum amount of unpleasantness for Lestrade. :(
Since when did my boyfriend's (I won't waffle. He's younger than me, and 'partner' makes me feel like I'm in a law firm, not a relationship) blog become a dating site for my staff??
And I AM fine. Thanks all the same.
L: Next time you don't want people to worry about you, _don't_put too much emphasis on being fine.
*worries*
Stellary - I've been fine for over a quarter of a century. I'm pretty sure I shall continue to be so. The thing that gets me most is the thought of other people worrying. So don't.
annoyedwabbit - well, to be fair, the insides of things ARE fascinating.
L - since roughly 1:08pm, 3/2/2011, apparently. Not a very successful one though. I'm quite flattered really. I don't see her asking after your brothers. ;)
Am I really going to be the first person to make a "When Harry Met Sally" comment?
Ha! Think this means it's fate?
My mom's a police officer and my dad's an EMT and a firefighter.
Middle of the night call-outs suck. Especially the ones involving kids.
K, have to go look at pictures of puppies and kittens to cheer myself up now.
Baby polar bears? http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2011/03/polar-bear-cub-meets-the-snow.html
Both of them? My god that must've been hard when you were younger. And not exactly easy now. I'm sorry.
Danger, do you actually spend your days Googling up cute animals? And you can't even begin to blame that on the boys...
...Maybe. Occasionally. I did tell you it was an absurd nickname for me!
Post a Comment