Yesterday, L and Sherlock made:
- biscuits
- cupcakes (pink, chocolate, and vanilla)
- a small cake with the leftover batter from the cupcakes
- fudge (also in pink, chocolate, and vanilla)
As well as three meals. I made tea and icing for the cupcakes.
Thanks, Mrs H. As usual, you've given us just what we needed most. And I hope you like pink cupcakes, because Sherlock's valiantly refrained from eating the last one in order to give it to you.
No, I don't know what flavour pink is.
- biscuits
- cupcakes (pink, chocolate, and vanilla)
- a small cake with the leftover batter from the cupcakes
- fudge (also in pink, chocolate, and vanilla)
As well as three meals. I made tea and icing for the cupcakes.
Thanks, Mrs H. As usual, you've given us just what we needed most. And I hope you like pink cupcakes, because Sherlock's valiantly refrained from eating the last one in order to give it to you.
No, I don't know what flavour pink is.
176 comments:
Pink is generally good :D
I wish I could have a cupcake right about now, but my stomach isn't thinking that's a great idea as of yet. I'm going to have something mild like some oatmeal and see where we go from there.
Mrs H: You are made of amazing, and a wonderful person besides. It's true.
Sherlock: Did your friends at school enjoy what you baked for them? How about Mrs T?
Cake run successful. Mycroft now has cake, clothes, computer bits, books and a hug. It's bloody windy.
Greg: Did you have a good ride over, even if it was windy? I'm glad you got to see Mycroft even if it was just for a little bit. I know I miss him around here, so it must be so much more for you guys.
Mycroft: See above statement. Hope you're having a great time at school!
Mycroft now has cake, clothes, computer bits, books and a hug.*
*Not in order of importance.
Pink! That's heroic self-denial, to leave a favorite cupcake for someone else--I'm sure your mum will appreciate it, Sherlock!
One of my nieces is making me cupcakes for my birthday, but I don't know what color. It will be a surprise. :)
(My captcha was "gredox." I resent that--I am not greedy, just appreciative!)
Oh, and John--Nice work getting meals in around the bakery, especially when you were part of it!
Tink - sorry, been doing dinner and trying to pack. Yes, it was a good ride, very nice, thanks
Lestrade, when can you come to school in the daytime? Do you have any more time off planned?
Ah, I don't really know, Mycroft. You're probably better asking your Mum and John and I'll try and fit anything in around them. It's only court that I can't get out of.
What is it?
My housemaster doesn't need to see them. Just you.
Uh oh. Are you in trouble, L?
What? Why me?
He said you're a hooligan. And a yob. An irresponsible, delinquent punk and he wants you to see him in his office as soon as possible.
I told him you were actually a Detective Inspector, and he just snorted.
I...might know why then.
I'll...I'll have to see. He's not angry with you, is he?
No. Just you.
Everyone likes the cakes. Thank you.
What on earth did you do?
Something an irresponsible delinquent punk would do.
I'll...let you know, Mycroft.
That sounds ominous, L! I hope you're okay. I know Mycroft will be no matter what.
No, I don't know what flavour pink is. Ha, John, it's like you read my mind - I was all set to mock and compare you to Homer Simpson eating a jelly doughnut and saying, "Mmmmm, purple."
I'll tell him you'll be in touch.
John, he did a wheelie all the way down the drive. A really big one - the front wheel was really high in the air.
...Thanks Mycroft. I preferred being irresponsible without the entire internet knowing. (it was a damn good wheelie though.)
*snicker* Yeah, probably irresponsible, but I bet it looked pretty f-ing cool. (No, I'm not contributing to/encouraging the delinquency of a DI! Much.)
But now we can cheer you on Greg! :D I just can't wait to read the blog entry on -that- encounter!
Sally, are you taking notes? Sounds like it might be a case for the Yard's best team... ;)
- Desert Wanderer
I'm sure it would be irresponsible of me to be giggling just now, so of course I must not be.
Travel safe, Lestrade! (And when you report to the headmaster, go in full court-appropriate attire. With your warrant card.)
Mycroft, your headmaster may not have enjoyed the wheelie--but if any of your friends saw it, I have a feeling they did, very much indeed. (Which is probably what upset the headmaster. Heh.)
Somehow, John, I have the feeling this incident is about to become your fault... :)
Have a good evening, all! I'm off to my t'ai chi class.
Go Lestrade! Dying here... :D
L - I'm sure Casey Stoner did a wheelie yesterday and no-one told him off!
And I hope tomorrow goes as well as can be expected. We'll all be thinking of you.
I'd like to point out this wasn't on a public road - entirely private property, so no laws were broken.
RR - it is all Danger's fault, yes.
That may be true, but I'm sure they'll enjoy the story anyway. Adds to your "rebel with a cause" mystique. And is super BAMF in any case. :)
- Desert Wanderer
Ha! I'm impressed.
Heh. The awesomeness of the wheelie is usually inversely proportional to the number of people who see it, so good on you for managing a good one with a decent audience!
I hope you got at least one gear change in!
It's not often I get a strip of beautiful smooth tarmac that's private property. I couldn't give up the opportunity.
Rider - just one. It wasn't that long a driveway!
(And it did occur to me I would be in serious trouble all round if I did cock it up and come off.)
There were a few of Mycroft's House around. Probably just enough to really annoy his Housemaster by the sound of it.
I feel like I'm 13 having to go to the Head's office again.
Oh and I add that it is good to see you understanding that posing is an important part of motorcycling!
(We all do it, just some won't admit it)
Crap, look at the time. I've got to be up and riding to the airport in 4 hours.
Night all.
Mycroft, I will get back to you. How angry was he?
I suppose it's too late for you to answer that.
Thanks everyone for the good wishes about tomorrow. I shall...well, obviously let you all know how it goes.
Look after John for me whilst I'm gone ;)
Greg - Have a safe flight! *hugs* We'll keep John company until you come home to have your wicked way with him. Oops, did I say that aloud? =)
As for the "incident"...I would suggest being "very busy" until the Headmaster is distracted by other matters?
John - It sounds like your new kitchen is now a little bakery! Though...the pink food, can that come from strawberries?
*hugs to all*
-A from NW
Mycroft - I hope school is going well, and that you allowed yourself a smile at your ridiculous, wonderful friend the DI pulling a wheelie :-)
Lestrade - have a safe trip, and I hope the day goes better than you think it will. And should you deign to see the Housemaster, remember, he's not in authority over you, you're a DI!
Lestrade, we will be looking over his shoulder the whole day. I'm sure he'll greatly appreciate it. Right, John? ;)
Mycroft, I find it horribly frustrating and even infuriating to be disbelieved, and unfortunately there is no easy fix. While there is a certain satisfaction that comes from being proved right, as you will be, I find that it doesn't make up for being disbelieved in the first place. All I can do is offer my sympathy, and hope that you are better able to let such things roll off your back.
Sherlock, are the pink cupcakes strawberry flavor, or just pink flavor? :)
it is all Danger's fault, yes.
Missed this before. I've got to know. How is this my fault?
Perhaps because you've made him so happy/giddy that he felt like doing wheelies?
Oh! My captcha for that was "factie", so I must be dead on. :)
Right, on the plane, time for phone off. And some glorious sleep.
REReader, I'm not even sure my Housemaster disbelieved me, as much as didn't believe a Detective Inspector would do such a thing. I'm not worried if he believes me or not, as I know he'll discover I'm right as soon as Lestrade comes to see him.
I think that he thought it was one of the older boys - or perhaps someone's brother.
Lestrade, I hope your day goes as well as possible.
John, thank you for packing all my things yesterday. I hope Sherlock is good for you today. The new kitchen looks very nice, and I'm looking forward to exeat weekend so I can come and see it properly.
Thanks Mycroft.
I'm here, obviously. Inquest just broke for lunch. Going as well as it could, really.
Mycroft - most detective inspectors wouldn't do things like that. You just know one very special one.
Mycroft, I am pleased as anything that I worried for nothing. (I really must stop foisting my neuroses on others.) As you say, your Housemaster will see what's what soon enough.
Lestrade, well, that's halfway through, anyway. Here's hoping the inquest ends a bit earlier than expected!
Just been let out to have a breather/get some air. I should be okay to get home tonight, John.
Excellent. What do you want for dinner?
(And can I come along to watch when you go and see Mycroft's housemaster?)
Think I get fed on the plane, so don't worry about me.
Only if you share the punishment.
Heh. You could bring him cupcakes? Maybe he'll forgive and forget. Wish I'd seen the wheelie.
I can recreate it sometime.
I will be telling him it was your fault, so I suppose you should come. Don't think they use the strap any more, do they? Maybe I'll get put in detention, or get lines.
Wish you were here. Sort of.
Just not at Harrow apparently.
You still never said why it was my fault. I'm very curious.
Indeed.
You let me go there unsupervised. bad Nanny.
Aha, I see. If I'd been on the bike, you wouldn't have done it?
Are you almost done? When do you get to come home?
I definitely wouldn't have done it if you were on the bike!
Yes, should get away in the next half hour, then see what flight I can get on. 2.5 hours in the air, after a 2 hr check in, minimum, but there's the time difference so...might be home by 10, but only if miracles happen.
I want a hug.
If I could send you one through your phone, I would. Sounds like it's not going too badly though?
I definitely wouldn't have done it if you were on the bike!
Why not? Is it unsafe? ...I mean, more unsafe with a passenger than without.
How about some virtual hugs from the peanut gallery to hold you over until you can get some real ones from Danger and Shortstuff.
Sounds like you're having a rough day, Lestrade. Hang in there.
Thanks, I know you would. And thanks Kholly. Yeah, it went okay. I'm just being pathetic.
And yes, given you're an inexperienced pillion, very dangerous.
Yes, I would like to get in on the action kholly suggested. Hugs for everybody!
given you're an inexperienced pillion
We should work on that then. Can't let you have all the fun.
Are you free for a moment? Sherlock wants to call and sing you something he learned in school today.
Thanks everyone.
Yeah, in the car going back to the airport. I'll call you.
And it is still dangerous if you're experienced. V easy to fall off the back.
Right, finally got a seat on a flight just before 7 your time.
Mycroft, I'll be off work tomorrow, so can come and see your housemaster then. Just not too early, after doing 20 hours today.
Should I stuff my pants with newspaper?
You could always offer to give a presentation to a class... *ducks*
I can almost hear Danger's gleefully laughter at that suggestion from here.
Also, Danger, you have been on board for the odd wheelie already...you just haven't noticed.
I would definitely come along to see that.
Ah. Little tiny ones, then.
You know, I think I might like to learn how to ride. Would you be up for teaching me at some point?
The housemaster would probably have Lestrade give a lecture on traffic safety, with as many gruesome images as he could dig up, don't you think?
Greg - Glad to hear that the inquest went...as well as it could have gone in these circumstances.
I am, however, highly amused that you have been mistaken for a teenager's older brother. Hopefully, the Headmaster will remember the wildly indiscriminate days of his own youth and pass on the lecture. (Or, you know, bring baked bribes...)
John - ...you are a far braver person than I am, but we already knew that. :)
Mycroft - It's great to hear from you!
Sherlock - How are things at school? Did your classmates like your cupccakes and fudge?
*hugs*
-A from NW
Not brave particularly, just a bit restless I suppose.
I can just see the four of you in a few years, roaring along the roads on a little convoy of bikes...
I can imagine it's a big change, going from having two young boys (and one young-at-heart DI) around constantly to being alone in the house for hours at a time. I hope you find something to occupy yourself. :) Perhaps volunteering somewhere, like a library or a clinic?
Just landed.
Yes, you could have a go some time. But you really want a less powerful bike than mine if you want to learn properly. But you can see how you like it first with me on mine.
And...
Everyone feel free to pile on me and call me an idiot.
I had a cigarette today. Sorry.
Sounds like you're already taking care of the "idiot" duties. Just...listen to yourself, okay?
Was today that bad?
I've sat through hundreds of inquests. But only a handful that I've witnessed the death.
I just...didn't want to hear it all. Didn't want to see the photos. Didn't want to hear all the questions about why we did what we did and didn't do other things. Almost felt more real than being there in the first place, we went over and over it so much.
Well, it sounds like you had a sod of a day, so one cigarette isn't the end of the world. And you didn't have a second one, so well done you :-)
I'm sorry, love. It does sound fairly awful. Are you almost here so I can hug you?
Not allowed to text on the bike, am I? I'm just leaving Gatwick nick (they looked after my bike and gear), so I won't be back for an hour.
Then I'll take all the hugs you've got.
You saw my message to Mycroft? Got tomorrow off. I intend to have a lie in - even if it happens after we take Sherlock to school.
I'd offer you more virtual hugs, but nothing can beat the real ones you're about to get. Hopefully you're at least done with this case now, yeah?
My niece brought me some birthday cupcakes (a day early, but hey, the more celebrating the better), and they are...pink-flavored!! And yummy.
L - I've got lots. Yes, I saw. Sounds excellent.
RR - ha! And do you know what flavour pink is?
Okay, might have broken one speed limit. AM locking up the bike
Am also freezing. It's about 15 degrees colder here than Roma. And my gear is still slightly damp from this morning's ride down. brrr. get a hug ready. a warm one.
Mmhmm. And tea and toast.
i've got an amazing boyfriend.
who is telling me to stop grabbing him and let him make me a nice hot cup of tea.
I was just going to ask why it seems you can't catch a break, but apparently you did. Nearly a year ago, lucky dog. :)
John, are there other versions of you up on offer? Versions here in the US of A, by chance?
And toast.
Given your nose was inside the helmet, I really don't know how you got it so cold.
DW - Heh. I do actually have relations there, though I've never met them. In Maine, I think.
glossy, shiny coat and a cold wet nose. I'm the epitome of health.
anyway, not as cold as my hands, which will be going up your jumper the second i finish writing this
GAH
mmm
Drat. My birthday wish was going to be for an in-person Danger hug. Maybe next year, when you're in New York!
Have fun, boys. Don't do anything you haven't enjoyed a hundred times before.
fraid all i'll be good for is sleep. Using Danger as a bed warmer.
However, tomorrow, between dropping off Sherlock and me getting the cane or whatever at Mycroft's...the flat is ours ;)
You't think that by now John would have perfected making tea while being groped. I mean hugged.
Innie- next year, or maybe even at Christmas. Anything's possible, and it's still only October!
L - I almost literally cannot wait to see what his housemaster has to say.
Rider - his hands aren't usually like large, grabby blocks of ice!
Rider - no, he still flaps ineffectually at me and makes vague threats about dropping boiling water. even though he could clearly make tea blindfold with both hands tied behind his back
DW - yeah. It's not so bad - just the job. It's not like being a Murder 'tec is ever going to be the most fun of jobs. But coming home to SuperNanny here makes it all better.
I can literally wait. Last time I got called to the head's office I got six of the best with the strap across my palms.
Don't worry, I'll protect you. Right up to the point where he asks you to come in and do a lecture for the boys, and then I shall laugh.
At my primary school the boys got caned on their calves, the girls got a ruler on their palms.
My high school didn't do that sort of thing, instead you got long boring lectures and detention. But by then I'd worked out how to avoid being caught.
I don't believe there is anything I could teach those boys.
Unless he decides to be deeply amusing and make me do something on road safety for the young ones. In which case you're being my glamorous assistant.
Rider - my headmaster was a bastard. Leather strap bloody hurt. I didn't get caught nearly as often as I deserved....probably. last time before I left was for climbing on the roof.
Heh. You do remember that you're a Detective Inspector, not a naughty schoolboy, right?
Enjoy your night of snuggling, guys, and your day of ..., etc :-)
Nameless - I think I've regressed. I blame John. Thanks.
Do I want to know how/why John makes you feel like a naughty schoolboy? 0_o
Maybe he just wants to see you're really an adult and not Mycroft's older brother.
Nameless - probably not. But Sherlock and I both get the same stern look when we mess about. Heh .
Danger - he only saw me on the bike. or I presume he did. I didn't see him at all. Obviously, or I wouldn't have been caught. I might just tell him you're Lestrade....
You can if you like, but I think it might give the game away if you driving and I'm hanging on the back.
...wearing your sparkly jacket. Yeah.
I can tell him we switch.
Cmon. Bed. Warmth. Now.
Never wearing that thing in public, never.
All right.
Does that mean you wear it not in public?
Awwwwwwww. Cute.
DW: He only does if Lestrade wears the guyliner.
Right, which means never, since I've never seen him in guyliner outside of photos.
lol Clearly saving that for a special occasion, then. :)
(Hopefully you've fallen back asleep)
ha! And do you know what flavour pink is?
According to my niece, it is the flavor of pink food coloring. :)
(No, not ignoring you--off taking my niece to see Phantom of the Opera. I love Broadway!)
I almost literally cannot wait to see what his housemaster has to say.
You aren't the only one! We are hoping for a full report...
I went to religious schools clear through college, and while the schools were quite strict--we used to leap to our feet when any adult at all entered the room--no one ever had a finger laid on them. I think it might already have been illegal in the US when I was a student, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. I can't imagine what hitting a child proves, other than might beats the heck out of right, which seems pedagogically unsound.
(I meant to say, "I can't imagine what hitting a child teaches, etc.". But it works either way.)
Yes, Sherlock, I'm glad I'm home too.
But not half as glad as I am that I get to go back to bed once you're at school...
It's too early.
Mr Gallagher says he will see you at ten past two in his office, Lestrade.
Good luck.
Right. Thanks.
Will we get to see you, too?
Article on the BBC relating to 'Danger is my middle name' :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15333140
Thanks Anon! You should do it, Danger. Definitely.
I've helped Mum fill out the forms before, for Rachel and Sam, too. It would be easy...
I might change mine before this afternoon...
Good luck, Lestrade! (What is it about childhood authority figures, that makes them intimidating in adulthood? Because they are. Hmm.)
Oh, and happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday, RR! Enjoy your pink-flavored cupcakes!
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, RR. I hope you have a good one. Enjoy the cakes.
Danger...we should get going. Or hide. Either way's good by me. The latter slightly preferable.
And RR, maybe if I'd been better behaved as a kid I couldn't be as wary now!
Thank you, all! (I like to ensure everyone knows when to celebrate my birth--subtly, of course. :D)
Lestrade, it'll be fine, you'll see.
John will be in as much trouble as I am if he doesn't stop giggling like a lunatic.
We're just waiting outside now.
I think I need the toilet...
I wanted to live blog it, but I really thought he'd pull out the strap!
My palms are still sweaty.
Still, glad you faced up to it being partly your fault, and volunteering to help me.
It is not remotely my fault!
Was.
I'm irresponsible and a bad example. You clearly should have kept a closer eye on me.
Will you help me write out my lines?
No I will not! Apparently I've got my own lines to write out...
Ha. Yes.
"i must not be so devestatingly attractive and distract Lestrade" 2000 times
You can write them out on my body if you want...
So it's my fault for being distracting and for not being there to keep you on the straight and narrow? Hmmm.
So what was the verdict? You didn't actually get lines did you? :P Surely a Harrow housemaster has more imagination!
So how did it go? Did Lestrade get a good talking down to? Was the housemaster shocked to discover Lestrade actually was a DI?
Hahahahahahaha!
Okay, though, what really happened? Inquiring minds want to know.
Danger, as is so often the way, I was thinking of you and it just popped up...
(i refer, of course, to the front wheel.)
Bit sure I should tell you all, as I should, I'm told, be ashamed of myself.
Not sure, not bit sure...
I don't know if you should be, but I know you're not, so you really have no excuse not to tell them.
I am! Well...I accept it was a bit silly, in front of impressionable youngsters.
No, he was nice. Mycroft had given him cake...
He just said it was a bad example to set the boys. I agreed. He asked if I thought it would be appropriate to do something to counteract it.
So we agreed that I'd give a talk to the sixteen yr olds, who will soon all be getting powerful cars from rich parents (he didn't say it in quite those words), explaining the risks.
And I told him Danger would be brilliant about explaining the medical side of what happens when you crash a fast car... he agreed. (mr Gallagher agreed. Danger gaped.)
Hah! Nicely played Lestrade, roping John into it so seamlessly. Hope that doesn't damage your ...etc chances for this afternoon.
RR, happy birthday! Hope it's a good one. :)
I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Ugh. This was not in the long range forecast and I definitely did not pack appropriately. Fortunately, I do have boots, but still. Snow. Ugh.
I don't mind that much, but I also don't think it'll help that much either. Seventeen year old boys are just fundamentally pretty stupid a lot of the time. I certainly was.
I KNEW IT!!!
Lots of graphic images, that's what you want. As you can't ethically arrange for a live demo. (There must be a film somewhere showing what happens to a crash dummy during a crash...maybe on YouTube?)
Of course the problem is not that a 16-year-old boy doesn't believe that a crash would be a Bad Thing, it's that a 16-year-old boy doesn't believe that he'd ever be in a crash. (16-year-old girls either, for that matter. And they may not speed as much, but they sure text-and-drive more.)
Thanks, X! And did I thank you, DW, John, and Lestrade, before? If not, thanks!
Yeah, teenage boys will probably love any blood or gore.
Anyway, its what he wanted. So we shall do it.
I'm fairly sure I was very stupid at 16/17. And fairly self destructive.
Well, we can try. Maybe we can even think of something they haven't heard before.
Happy birthday REReader I hope you're having a day when you're allowed to eat cake because otherwise your birthday might not be very good.
...because never mind loved ones or friends, cake is the be all and end all of good birthdays.
Thank you, Sherlock! Yes, indeed, I can eat today and in fact I'm eating a pink cupcake even as I'm typing! (And now there's a little frosting on my screen. :))
There aren't many Jewish fast days, and not so very many holidays either, but there are a bunch clustered together right at this time of year so it feels like more. In fact, I am spending today mostly cooking and cleaning, because tonight starts another of the holidays when I can't use a computer and all that other stuff. Friday is the one where we sing and dance in synagogues, and give children candy, so that's fun. And then we're done with Torah holidays until Passover, in the spring. (Except we have Shabbat all year. But not extra holidays.)
And presents.
But...but...cake IS the most important element of birthdays!
(I don't think I'm getting any presents, Sherlock. But my sisters both called to wish me happy birthday, and my brother called from Israel to do the same, and I'm getting dozens if birthday greetings on Twitter and Facebook and some forums I frequent--and here!--so I feel very special, and that's a great present in my book.)
What about Hanukkah? Is it another type of holiday? (my knowledge of Jewish holydays is limited to the names writen on my calendar... ^^;)
My point, Sherlock, is for various reasons some people don't get or want presents or cake, and still have good birthdays. Isn't it nice just being together, with us and your mum or something, even without cake and presents?
L & J - thank you for providing some entertainment when I was at work supposedly concentrating on budgets!
My son got told that if he wanted to drive my car he had to pay the additional insurance costs, and when he got a car he had to pay for it, so he knew that any damage would cost him. But he's always preferred bigger vehicles - he had his tractor licence at 16, was driving double decker buses at 19 and now at 23 drives coaches throughout England and on the continent. And yes, he does have his motorbike licence.
Anon, Chanukah (or Hanukkah, or whatever spelling is now popular!) is fun and all, but it's a modern innovation, so to speak--a Rabbinic holiday, not a Torah holiday, and it only dates back to the second century BCE, not very ancient at all. :) (It's all relative, isn't it?) It's also a very minor holiday, with little in the way of religious significance. It's the quintessential "They tried to kill us, they failed, let's eat!" holiday. The only reason it's become so well-known is because it falls near or on Christmas, and it got pumped up by more secularly-minded Jews as a counterweight to all the Christmas stuff going on around themselves and their children.
Sherlock, what I guess what I was trying to say is that people thinking of me, and taking the time and effort to let me know that they are thinking of me, that's the best present. And really, that is the point of birthday (or any) presents really--not the things as things, but the effort people put in to make you happy.
Oh, I meant to ask--did you two get to see Mycroft while you were there?
Sherlock isn't ignoring you - well, he is, but because Danger made the mistake of saying one way you can die in a crash is for your heart to pull free from an artery (or something), which has rekindled Sherlock's burning desire to have a real human heart...so he's begging.
Hahaha! Priorities, priorities... :D
(I tremble to ask what he wants to do with one.)
Just look at it and dissect it, I think.
We did see Mycroft. And in his uniform, for once! He looked very smart. And spent the whole time inventing outlandish punishments that could be handed down to me. (we saw him before the meeting, at the end of his lunchbreak.)
Ah! Quite correct, then--if he had proper lab space. Somehow I don't consider a kitchen a good substitute.
:D (And how comforting that must have been.)
Well, Danger started it. Mycroft just joined in.
Gits.
I need a scarf. It's getting cold on the bike.
There is a definite 'no body parts we won't eat' rule in the new kitchen, I think.
That sounds like a most excellent rule. Most.
Besides, I don't think a kitchen can be made sufficiently sterile to ensure accurate scientific results. Germy places, kitchens are.
I don't think the germs would matter to him if he was just cutting it up and playing with valves.
Not that he's getting one.
I'm extremely passionate in my hatred of all the adverts for cleaning products promising to kill 99.9% of all bacteria and things (ask Danger - he's heard me rant about it plenty). So we don't bleach or anti-bacterialize the place. We just let our bodies do what they do best, and grow strong immune systems. None if us have suffered for it yet... (but I don't recommend taking a dip in the Thames!)
Is there such a thing as an anatomically-correct model of a heart (that doesn't cost the earth)?
I agree with you ABSOLUTELY about those cleaning products--good, let's breed super-resistant bacteria, just what we need, yeah? I only use bleach in the laundry. I DO use lots of hot water (for hands and dishes), make sure sponges dry out totally (and don't use them to wash dishes--or cloths, either), cook fish and meat through, and air dry dishes as much as is practical. I'm not particularly afraid of germs, I just am aware that they are there--not lab-like.
Not that a "no" needs an extra reason, but that's the way my mind works.
Happy Birthday, RR :-D
Lestrade, I'm glad to hear it wasn't too terrifying - and that you roped John into helping you out. Ha.
I don't think he'd be satisfied with a model, unfortunately. What he really wants is the opportunity to bother Molly until she provides him with one, which he is not going to get.
what he really wants is Molly to become his dealer for any body parts he feels like having...
Thanks, Nameless!
John--Ha! Oh, well, if a model won't do, he'll just have to do without. At least for the foreseeable future. (They do have some pretty awesome looking models, though, going by a quick google search.)
Lestrade, you know, I can just about imagine that. Give him 20 years or so.
It's not impossible. In 20 years, she might well be running that place, and he'll be even more persuasive than he is now - though I imagine not quite as cute.
Cute is not everything. ;)
Sorry I'm a bit late, but happy birthday RR!
I am currently wrapped up in about a dozen blankets and have a fretting relative who was born at the same time as me in the kitchen making me tea. I'm also hopped up on drugs, but I'm not in the hospital, so things are looking up! I've been sleeping most of the day away for the past couple days so hopefully that will help as well.
Greg: Glad you're back in one piece from Italy and that you managed to get out of the headmaster's office with minimal detention!
John: Good luck trying to convince a bunch of boys that accidents are dangerous! You kind of have to applaud Greg on his ability to rope you into this one, it was quite clever! How are you doing anyway?
Mycroft: How did your housemates like the baked goods anyway?
Sherlock: Hey buddy <3 Maybe you could ask Bronwyn to do an article on hearts for her blog? I know she was asking you for topics.
in 20 years time Sherlock and Mycroft will probably have invented a way to grow body parts on demand or something...
I have, by the way, posted. But Danger, you can't watch until you've done your homework.
Thanks, Tink, and feel better!
And you're probably right about that, Lestrade. Handy, that will be.
We just let our bodies do what they do best, and grow strong immune systems. I have to admit, Lestrade, I didn't think I'd see a time when you'd have something non-smutty to say about what bodies do best. It's a sad, sad day.
Also, ha! If anyone (other than John, who is long-suffering to a nearly biblical degree, it seems) deserves to have some fun, it's Mycroft. I hope he let his creativity loose for your imaginary punishments!
John has fun too, don't you worry ;)
And I'm a serious grown-up! I have lots of serious things to say.
I have lots of serious things to say
Most of which seem to involve a) cake or b) etc...
Ah well, I guess all serious grownups talk about their areas of expertise.
Post a Comment