Hey this is Murray, Watson's making help him weed the allotment (what is my payment?? I DON'T WANT CHARD, jesus who wants chard??) so I'm stealing his phone and trying to do this post thing. Typing loads on this keyboard is not the easiest thing in the world and he's going to see me in a minute. I mean, I have a smart phone and all but I don't use it to write f***king novels on unlike some people. Do you want to know how lon g it took me to find the star key just then?
In case anyone cares about my life apart from my mum I have two job interviews coming up, one with a perfectly normal London hospital and one with 3C's boss because she called me out of the blue and told me to be at an address at a time and I think I should go because even Watson seems possibly genuinely a bit scared of her. Army still owns my soul for now oh shit he's seen me gotta post fast
In case anyone cares about my life apart from my mum I have two job interviews coming up, one with a perfectly normal London hospital and one with 3C's boss because she called me out of the blue and told me to be at an address at a time and I think I should go because even Watson seems possibly genuinely a bit scared of her. Army still owns my soul for now oh shit he's seen me gotta post fast
76 comments:
Good luck on both interviews, Murray! (I think you should go to Mrs. Holmes' interview, not because she's scary but because her job offer to John worked out rather well, ultimately... :)
(Hey, chard is perfectly fine!)
Mrs H wants you? The army may be about to lose your soul. And she'll be keeping your afterlife on account too.
good luck with the interviews Murray but keep an eye on who else just happens to turn up, Mrs H seems to work in very mysterious ways ;-)
I don't know what she wants! I checked out the address, it's not even a proper building.
Oooh, a mystery! How can you resist?
Even if it wasn't a mystery he couldn't resist - mrs H is irresistible ;)
Hey Murray, good to see life's treating you well :-)
Good luck with the interviews - especially the one with Mrs H. I mean, I'm sure it'll be fine. What's the worst that could happen... actually, don't answer that. Don't even think about it. I'm sure you'll have fun, whatever it is she wants you to do :-)
Nameless - he has nothing to fear. I mean, unless he's got any skeletons in his closet.... Then he's beyond help :)
(Maybe she wants you as a gardener, Murray? Danger says you were wonderful on the allotment today. Enjoying your chard?
What's the worst that could happen...
She might eat me.
Greg - that chard is his revenge. What the hell do you even do with chard?
Curry? Fegato di Vitello? Char Sui pork? Salad? Soup? Pie? Frittatas? Chardy Cheese?
I could go on, but you probably don't want me to...
Another name for it is perpetual spinach...it may well be perpetual! :)
Just don't tell me you make cupcakes out of it. That'd be a chard too far.
I can make a lovely chard and apple pie...but not cupcakes, no. Yet.
I love chard, but what the heck is "Chardy Cheese"?
Good luck with the interviews, Murray - I'm sure there's nothing to worry about!! :)
LyricalSinger
like cauliflower cheese, but chardy...
blanch your chard leaves and stems (seperately). Knock out a cheese sauce - onions, mustard, cheddar, goat's cheese, pepper, butter, flour, milk - combine, chuck a few breadcrumbs over the top, cook off and eat!
Would you make that some time? It sounds really good.
I don't even like chard and that sounds good.
of course I'll make it! Anything for you :)
Shall we look at suits on Tuesday?
Murray, I'm with you. My reward for working someone else's garden would be that they keep the chard! And the zucchinis, too (but flower starts or asparagus would be acceptable).
L - That'd be great - both the suits and the cheese. I mean chard. :)
Cheesy suits?
Suits made out of chard?
We probably have enough of it.
SPeaking of leaves. And...well, leaves.
Caterpillars eat a lot, don't they? And shit a lot! I'm...surprised. Mainly by the crap. Which is stupid, because if nettles go in, I guess crap comes out...and they certainly put a lot of nettles in.
We're going to have to cut them some fresh just to eat.
They really, really do. It's basically all they've done so far. We're definitely going to need more nettles.
Quite nice to watch them, now Sherlock's head isn't obscuring the tank.
They're so...busy. Walking about, eating...I don't know. Never really thought about what caterpillars do.
It's sort of like they're pregnant with their own future selves, isn't it? They're growing butterflies!
I suppose that's their only job - eat enough to have the energy to turn into a butterfly.
Yeah. And they're like the degus - eating one thing, then very suddenly leaving it, determined to go and eat another, identical thing, for no apparent reason...You'd think it'd be better just to sit and eat everything around you, before moving. But they don't.
...it hadn't occurred to me that we will have to clean out caterpillar poo either.
I wonder if butterflies poo that much.
I wonder how on earth we're going to persuade Sherlock to set them free, and not keep them, like some butterfly overlord, ruling their lives...
Or cover the entire allotment with netting.
From wedding suits to caterpillar poo in three easy steps. It's amazing what topics these blogs cover.
SHould have got silk worms - they could have made us suits!
I think we have to give him a strict time limit, at which point they will be liberated.
He can always get more, if he wants to spend his pocket money, or have them as a present for some occasion.
He did ask if we could have butterflies at the wedding. I said I thought that was beginning to stray away from 'simple'. He also asked for fireworks, a swimming pool, a chocolate fountain, a bouncy castle and a hot air balloon.
I misread that as "a hot air baboon"... which would certainly be straying some distance away from 'simple'.
definitely no baboons! :)
i'm knackered. night all.
definitely no baboons! :)
How about a tiger? :D
I vote for bouncy castle. One time a few years ago, a bunch of us late-20-somethings rented out a space that had 5 different bouncy castles of various kinds. That may have been the best two hours of my adult life.
I don't know, the 4 of you and a minister (or registrar or whatever it takes) in a hot air balloon doing the wedding might be kind of nice.
They'd still need witnesses though kholly, as even if Mycroft can act as one, I doubt Sherlock would be able to. Maybe Murray could be the second witness and keep an eye on Sherlock at the same time, in case he decided to experiment with anything.
You can't get married anywhere that doesn't have a licence. It's quite strictly controlled. Hot air balloons aren't included :)
Too bad. A balloon wedding would be amazing. Maybe you can just go for a ride to celebrate the end of exams for Mycroft.
In honestly entirely happy with the place we've chosen.
Imagine the fear of dropping a ring in a hot air balloon.
Imagine the fear of dropping a ring in a hot air balloon
O_O
(Chocolate, in or out of fountains, is always nice, though... :))
Chocolate fountains need oil adding to the chocolate though. I'd rather just eat chocolate...
We haven't decided about catering yet. We haven't decided much, obviously, soooo.... That's probably not a surprise.
It's very odd when you're all quiet. Makes me feel like the world might have ceased to exist outside my office.
Hope you're all doing nice things.
Mycroft, hope your exam went well.
I can't speak for anyone else--and in fact, I doubt it's true of most anyone else commenting here!--but my Fridays are always crazy busy, what with preparing for Shabbat. But it's nice to hear another human voice (even if it's not actually hearing and not actually a voice...;D) *waves at L*
its a conspiracy to make you worry Greg ;-)
I hope you're nearly done for the day :-)
Not nearly enough - but getting there.
I love looking forward to going home these days. Just one more reason I know I'm the luckiest bloke around.
:)
Have you big plans for the weekend (John's Saturday night shift allowing)?
That's a good feeling to have. It's a good feeling to know you've helped cause too, speaking as the homemaker in my family.
Blessed Solstice! I'm off to a nearby natural spring to gather ritual water for the coming wheel of the year. I'll think of Sherlock's caterpillars while I'm dodging nettles!
Quiet - maybe; punch drunk, more like, having just spent most of the last three days in budget meetings. I'm about to break open the wine to celebrate the start of the weekend. Anyone care to join me?
I've got chocolate milk not wine pleeeeaaaase can we go and see the whale Lestrade John says yes if you say yes and he said if we're going down that way I need new swimming shorts and maybe clothes and please can we and we can go and have breakfast first.
I'll talk to John when I'm home. We probably can.
I would choose chocolate milk over wine, myself. :)
Is this the whale you're wanting to see, Sherlock?
Yes that one and it would be better if it was real but I bet it will still be good even though it's not.
It does look amazingly life-like--and an advantage of it not being real is not having to worry that it will die, which is good. I hope it works out so you can go see it and then tell us what it's like.
but if it was dead then you would really be able to look at it! Except Lestrade said if it was dead the head would belong to the king and the tail to the queen and we don't even have a king so that's stupid and they should give it to me.
Oh, but if it were dead already they wouldn't leave it there to look at, it would get all smelly.
Are there any aquariums in the London area with living whales?
I think they did a whale on one of those enormous animal autopsy programmes, didn't they? I seem to remember someone crawling inside one.
It wouldn't fit in the flat, Sherlock.
You'll have to hope the Natural History Museum gets another, and you somehow charm your way into seeing it.
Maybe one day one will wash up on a beach somewhere and we can go and see it. You still can't have it though.
I think you're right, Danger.
Mycroft Lestrade has green shorts and flip flops on and a shirt that isn't a proper shirt and he says it's flip flop day today and I hope your exam went okay and now in the summer you don't have to study and we can do things and maybe there will be a whale and I hope you see my caterpillars before they're butterflies and I want a suit for the wedding and will you help me pick one because you're better at suits than me.
That whale looks fascinating, Sherlock.
Mycroft - I hope your exam went well - was it Latin today? I failed Latin :-( Too much learning by rote for me.
SH - right there with you *clinks glasses*
Looking at wedding gear makes me want a nice dress - they're so pretty! And so many people have suits that are so over the top. (I know the same can be said for dresses - but I don't feel any pressure looking at those)
I suspect that Mycroft would like you in the shorts and flip flops if the other option was a dress ;-)
I was thinking something about Mycroft and eyerolling, pandabob! :D
But wedding dresses ARE pretty, many of them, it cannot be denied.
I dunno, he's an open minded young man...but he probably wouldfind it a bit too attention-grabbing for his taste. ;) Mind you, He's sort of...effortlessly stylish. The rest of us have to try rather harder!
At least a dress would be appropriate for the occasion.
That is a good point Mycroft ;-)
I'm sure you'll look very stylish on the day Greg because I'm sure you'll get a lot of very useful advice from the man himself :-)
You saying I can't wear flip-flops, cut-offs, a shirt and a cravat tied around my head, Mycroft? :)
I hope your day went well. Looking forward to having you home.
Want us to come and see you on Sunday?
I would prefer it if you didn't, but it is your wedding.
I'm looking forward to being home as well, and yes, please do visit on Sunday if it's convenient.
Seeing you is never inconvenient. :) Although John may be a zombie. And you'll be subjected to an entire phone full of caterpillar pictures, I expect.
Congratulations on finishing your exams, Mycroft. Have you got any ideas for things you'd like to see or do this summer?
My recent experience with caterpillars involves driving through the Rocky Mountains and discovering that Western Tent Caterpillars have made one of their periodic invasions of the aspen trees (and aspens themselves are interesting because a) a grove of aspen is connected in the root system and is actually one giant organism and b) aspens will only grow at higher altitudes [but below tree line] and c) there's a powder on the aspen trunk that can be used as sunscreen and d) it's one of the first trees to move back into an area that's been burned by a forest fire), and many of the trees are completely without leaves, because the caterpillars have eaten them all away. We were driving along and the road was almost solidly covered with squirming little caterpillars looking for more food. Probably the closest thing to a biblical plague I've ever seen. Not sure if tent caterpillars turn into something pretty after they go into their cocoons.
I know it's part of the regular life cycle of the forest, but between the pine beetles eating the fir trees and the caterpillars eating the aspens, the forest is looking kind of bare.
-Ella
Ella, were you near any of the forest fires? Every time I hear from my cousins it seems like another part of the state is on fire.
I'm not. I live in Denver, which is farther from the mountains than lots of people seem to think. ;) But my Boulder friends are apparently inhaling smoke, and other friends have had to evacuate from a fire near the Spanish Peaks, and I'm supposed to take 60 out of towners on a bus trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend, where they may see both pine beetle destruction and burns. Just another summer in Colorado…
-Ella
I grew up in Denver, and my sister and mom are still in Centennial. It was smoky enough down there that they had to keep the house sealed for a while.
I hope your tourists see some things worth seeing. And that there's some aspen with leaves left this fall. I finally got vacation in September just to come ses it!
Ha, my mom and dad and sister are still in Centennial! I graduated from Arapahoe. (Please do not find me and stalk me thanks. :) )
Post a Comment