No, the subject certainly does not refer to Mycroft. He's terrifyingly fast on ice. If he stays with this, I foresee many Thursdays spent silently hoping for minimal wipeouts and no broken bones.
Yesterday, Trista posted this baby sloth photo in the comments. I was up reading comments at 4am, which perhaps explains the little journey my brain took regarding the zoo keeper who clearly smuggled that sloth out of the zoo.
He (going by the hand, I think it's a man) must've felt some special bond with it, was presumably bottle feeding it, perhaps pouring out his troubles to it, and one day had a minor breakdown and decided it would be a brilliant idea to take his baby sloth on a nice outing to the beach. He (and possibly the sloth) got drunk on pina coladas and lay about in the sand. Do sloths swim? I suspect not, but it could've clung onto a beach umbrella when he went in the water.
Let previous paragraph serve as a warning to those preparing to blog on four hours of sleep.
The ice skating went well. Sherlock's class played some game today that involved being toast (I feel I must have this wrong, but it is what he said) and jumping in and out of boxes, and as a result he was rather worn out. I told him the sloth story, and he fell asleep long before the lesson (or the story) was over. Coincidence? Probably not.
Mycroft did beautifully. He's trying little jumps on his own now, which I think his teacher doesn't quite approve of, but she's unlikely to be able to stop him. We're getting him his own skates this week, black ones with a little green line around the bottom where the sole connects to the uppers, like racing stripes. Very cool, or hip, or whatever one says these days.
We're going down to Mrs Hudson's for dinner shortly. She said she has a surprise for us. I hope it's cake.
Yesterday, Trista posted this baby sloth photo in the comments. I was up reading comments at 4am, which perhaps explains the little journey my brain took regarding the zoo keeper who clearly smuggled that sloth out of the zoo.
He (going by the hand, I think it's a man) must've felt some special bond with it, was presumably bottle feeding it, perhaps pouring out his troubles to it, and one day had a minor breakdown and decided it would be a brilliant idea to take his baby sloth on a nice outing to the beach. He (and possibly the sloth) got drunk on pina coladas and lay about in the sand. Do sloths swim? I suspect not, but it could've clung onto a beach umbrella when he went in the water.
Let previous paragraph serve as a warning to those preparing to blog on four hours of sleep.
The ice skating went well. Sherlock's class played some game today that involved being toast (I feel I must have this wrong, but it is what he said) and jumping in and out of boxes, and as a result he was rather worn out. I told him the sloth story, and he fell asleep long before the lesson (or the story) was over. Coincidence? Probably not.
Mycroft did beautifully. He's trying little jumps on his own now, which I think his teacher doesn't quite approve of, but she's unlikely to be able to stop him. We're getting him his own skates this week, black ones with a little green line around the bottom where the sole connects to the uppers, like racing stripes. Very cool, or hip, or whatever one says these days.
We're going down to Mrs Hudson's for dinner shortly. She said she has a surprise for us. I hope it's cake.
10 comments:
GREAT, YOU HAVE MADE ME NEED A BABY SLOTH NOW.
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
(I got four hours of sleep last night, too.)
There are hardly any cuter things in the world than a baby sloth. :3 I'm sure Sherlock's having sweet dreams, inspired by that story. As for Mycroft, I'm glad he's doing well. :D Getting his skates sounds like a commitment to stay in that class at least until he outgrows them? Or that's what my mum used to say to me when I enrolled in classes that required especial equipment. :P
thirdbird - The ideal pet! Always happy to just hang about with you and munch some leaves. You could take it to work and claim it's a toy sloth - it's unlikely to move enough to contradict you. Now that I think about it, really, everyone needs a baby sloth.
Lupe - You are absolutely right! Just because his mum does actually appear to be made from money, that's no excuse. I shall inform him of this posthaste.
Just about the only thing cuter than that Sloth is Lestrade.
He might make me turn to crime, just in the hope of getting arrested...
It is a rather attractive prospect.
...No one tell him I said that.
I READ YOUR BLOG, JOHN. NO ONE HAD TO TELL ME.
Oh no John! Not pet sloths. They are endangered and if you think about it they need a lot of care and could be dangerous since they have very sharp claws. sorry sorry, could go on about this but I don't want to sound like a nag XD ...and it's a joke isn't it *is slow* < haha, sloth pun, not intended.
I'm so glad Mycroft is enjoying his lessons. The new skates sound great =] hope to see some pics =]
It is a joke, no worries. :) I would be concerned for the safety of anything that slow moving in this household anyway.
I'm glad that I could spread some cheer, especially the cheer of baby sloths. You can kill HOURS watching them on youtube :]
Ok, I read this post, and it's probably due to me still being half asleep but...
Here he comes, here comes speedy Mycroft!
Go speedy Mycroft, go!
I apologize for nothing.
Post a Comment