Sherlock's a bit better, but still home from school. Slept most of the night last night. Only woke me up around 3am, quite warm with fever, and unsurprisingly thirsty. Water, something for the fever, and I had one clingy, sleepy little boy. I let him sleep in my bed, which led to a bit of drama when his mum let herself in around 4am and went to his room to find his bed empty.
She snapped on the lights in my room, got as far as: "Wake up, he's--" and then saw Sherlock and I both blinking at her, more than half asleep and confused.
"Mummy?" Sherlock, and reached for her. None of the wariness he used to get around her, just I'm sick and I want my mummy. Lovely to see.
I was trying to put together an expression that said if she didn't pick him up right that second I'd put something horrible in her tea the next morning, but it wasn't necessary. She scooped him up and got him balanced on her hip (not easy I imagine; she's not a large woman, and he's growing fast; he is, as he says, "almost six" now) and kissed his forehead.
"Did you come because I'm sick?" he said.
A dangerous question, considering his acting abilities. We don't need him associating getting ill with visits from mummy.
"I came because I missed you and Mycroft," she said, after a second. "I'm just back from Japan. Would you like to hear about it?"
He nodded, and off they went, and I went back to sleep. Found them both sleeping in his bed this morning. If I knew how to make those little heart symbols, I would make one right here. As it is, you'll just have to imagine it.
She snapped on the lights in my room, got as far as: "Wake up, he's--" and then saw Sherlock and I both blinking at her, more than half asleep and confused.
"Mummy?" Sherlock, and reached for her. None of the wariness he used to get around her, just I'm sick and I want my mummy. Lovely to see.
I was trying to put together an expression that said if she didn't pick him up right that second I'd put something horrible in her tea the next morning, but it wasn't necessary. She scooped him up and got him balanced on her hip (not easy I imagine; she's not a large woman, and he's growing fast; he is, as he says, "almost six" now) and kissed his forehead.
"Did you come because I'm sick?" he said.
A dangerous question, considering his acting abilities. We don't need him associating getting ill with visits from mummy.
"I came because I missed you and Mycroft," she said, after a second. "I'm just back from Japan. Would you like to hear about it?"
He nodded, and off they went, and I went back to sleep. Found them both sleeping in his bed this morning. If I knew how to make those little heart symbols, I would make one right here. As it is, you'll just have to imagine it.
9 comments:
Try freshly grated ginger in place of the whiskey - that's how my mom used to dose me up.
Awww, it's lovely to think of Sherlock having your comfort and his mum's just when he needed it most!
♥? Sadly, I copied and pasted this heart from another site.
It wonderful that Sherlock was able to bask in both your and his mum's love.
Poor Sherlock! I'm glad he's feeling better and that you and his mum were there for him. :) I've got a niece who's Sherlock's age, and reading your posts about him makes me wanna go hug her. <3
Anon - the ginger sounds good! I will give it a shot. I'm glad she showed up as well. :)
Book Geek - Well, now I have it here to copy and paste at will. Thus: ♥ Thanks!
Yeah, it was lovely his mum came by. I was thinking of phoning her, but I should've known I wouldn't need to.
Lupe - go hug her now; she'll be 12 before you know it and too cool for hugs. ;)
The key is alt, it only works for me on my number pad but:
1 Lock the Number Pad (so you don't tell it to do other stuff)
2 Hold Down Alt
3 Push 3
?
?
?
♥♥♥! «««
(there's lots of other ones too)
☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○♂▬«╬♫§£◙±☼ƒ⌂
To make one without using the alt-key, you write &hearts ; without the space before the semi-colon. ♥
Trista and Anon - thank you both! Interesting and odd that there's a whole set of card suits, not to mention the others.
Post a Comment