Monday, April 18, 2011

i have too many very serious things to think about

So here's a photo of Lestrade, presumably still in his rock god phase.


I... I mean really. Good God. I can't tell whether he's posing or about to punch the photographer, but either way it's a very good look on him. 

Anyway! 

He's at work today, so I think Nicky and I  and the kids are going to do things, although no one seems quite sure what yet. I'm fairly certain Hungarian pastries will be involved. I'll let you know. 

50 comments:

Paula said...

Haha, poor Lestrade. XD

Greg Lestrade said...

You just wait til I'm home.

Both of you.

And I know who took that picture...Nicky, you must actually have taken that from my flat at some point. Some point long ago. I'll debate whether to press charges for theft.

Lawless said...

Lestrade - How very Fight Club of you.

John - Enjoy your day. Lord it over Lestrade that he had to go to court and couldn't accompany you.

John H. D. Watson said...

L -Who did take it?

Mazarin said...

Holy...

Ahem. Well, that's the sort of photo that makes you want to wait 'till he gets to yours and not let him back out again, you know? ;)

Enjoy your day today!

Greg Lestrade said...

Bloke called Steve, in a very dingy pub in New Cross. We had just played a gig there.

There's a slight chance I'll get out of here a bit early. Briefs are arguing for psych evaluations.

John H. D. Watson said...

Mazarin- my point exactly! He's not objecting quite as violently to this one I see. I can't decide if he's waiting till he gets home, planning his revenge, or if he actually realizes how good he looks.

John H. D. Watson said...

L - excellent news. I'll save you a cake. Steve, hm. Boyfriend? Band member?

X said...

I think the only appropriate response to that picture is: "I'll be in my bunk."

Good lord.

Greg Lestrade said...

It's only a slight chance...don't get too excited.

I've decided you probably get perverse pleasure out of me protesting when you post such things, and that photo does bring back some fond memories.

Steve was a boyfriend, yes. Not a band member.

And even if I accept that you think I look good in it, I still haven't looked like that for a long long time. And I dont think I was posing or about to punch him...just looking vaguely disapproving.

Anonymous said...

What serious things, John? doesn't sound good. But glad it meant you posted that steaming hot picture.

justblue said...

yes, please.

John H. D. Watson said...

L - I do think you looked good in it, and I think you look better now.

Anonymous said...

It's perfectly possible to look good at multiple points in your life, you know. (I would say all of your life, but bad hair cuts exist.)

Good luck finding something to be up to -- although you can hardly go wrong if pastries are involved.

Greg Lestrade said...

You're a silver tongued devil, Doc. Saying all the right things.

Think i'll be done here in the next hour or so. Where might I find you?

Nicky said...

Busted! I did take it from your flat, when you moved, just after you'd started at your first station. Remember I came and helped clean the place and unpack? That was creased up in the bottom of a box, and I admit I stole it.

So fond memories of what? The band? Steve? Being young?
You can have it back now I have a scan of it.

John H. D. Watson said...

L - ignore that last text, we're at Louis Patisserie and probably will be for the next several years.

Greg Lestrade said...

Pls don't eat everything before I arrive.

Doing one final battle with CPS then will be all yours.

Bronwyn said...

Oh wow. Don't take this the wrong way, Lestrade, but you kind of look like one of the gang leaders from the Michael Jackson's Beat It video. The one in the white jacket. Maybe it's the hair. Could be the sullen expression. I have to find a picture of that guy, now.

Toodle!
Bronwyn

John H. D. Watson said...

L - I like the sound of that.

Everyone else - er, please don't stalk us? I've just realized that probably should've gone in a text and not up on the blog and I think strangers coming up to say hi would freak Nicky out a bit. Not that you don't all have better things to do on a Monday, assuming you're even in London at all. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't stalk you John. Might stalk the pastries though from all you've said about them.

John H. D. Watson said...

You should absolutely stalk the pastries. Even if you're in another country you should come here specifically to stalk the pastries.

Greg Lestrade said...

Bronwyn - really not sure how any Michael Jackson related comparisons can be good.

Danger - am free! On way. Please purchase coffee and sugaryest pastry available or I may fall asleep on you all.

Everyone else - if you do stalk us you'll suddenly find yourself on a day trip with Anthea and her boys. One way ticket.

John H. D. Watson said...

Not to sound like your mum but have you had actual food? They've got sandwiches as well.

Greg Lestrade said...

Not since...no, not really. Ok sandwich, pastry, double espresso. Thanks.

John H. D. Watson said...

No problem. It'll give us time for seconds.

Nicky said...

You'll be glad to know Orio has found us! I keep thinking people are staring at us now, thanks to John's comment. I'm sure they're really just in awe of my children's' ability to consume pastries faster than you can blink though!

Bronwyn said...

Argh! His name is Vincent Paterson! And I cannot find a single reasonable picture of him. It was he black jacket he was wearing though. ARGH!

Toodle,
Bronwyn

Greg Lestrade said...

Right, now I'm free from court and have managed to wrestle the last few crumbs of pastry off this bunch of gannets, I suppose I should answer some of Nichola's questions. She tells me it's rude not to.

Yes, all three. There you go.

Anonymous said...

I would like to just state for the record that I don't care that he's gay or that I'm a lesbian in a wonderful relationship ... based on that picture alone, I'd still hit it.

Anon In Need Of A Name said...

Oh good lord.

You should warn before you post pictures like that.

*melts*

Greg Lestrade said...

I'd still hit it.

Lots of people, did Anon...except you probably didn't mean actual punch-to-the-face type hitting, did you.

Apparently I had an 'attitude' when I was younger. Can you believe that? Still, Met police put a stop to all that.

Oh, and by the way, everyone...I'm smoking in that picture. You should all feel bad about encouraging that. And someone tell me something (publishable) that I can do with my hands when I really need a smoke. If anyone suggests knitting you're banned from the blogs.

Mazarin said...

A guy I went to school with always had a lollipop in his mouth when he was trying to quit smoking. Seemed to help him, but distracted the hell out of me. But if you do it, get the sugar-free kind or you'll ruin your teeth and gain a ton of weight! Look, my grandma quit after smoking for 55 years, so you can too, Lestrade. Really.

Anon In Need Of A Name said...

I'm smoking in that picture

Hell yes you are.

Wait, that's not the sort of smoking you meant, was it?

And someone tell me something (publishable) that I can do with my hands when I really need a smoke

Doodling? Learning to spin/roll a pen or a coin over your fingers?

Anon In Need Of A Name said...

I'm smoking in that picture

Hell yeah you are.


Wait. That wasn't the kind of smoking you meant, was it? Oops.

And someone tell me something (publishable) that I can do with my hands when I really need a smoke

Doodling? pen spinning?

Greg Lestrade said...

I will! Don't worry, I'm totally determined. I just want to stop biting biros and pens or annoying the hell out of my colleagues by spinning my keys around my fingers (which is what I was doing today).

I haven't smoked...well, okay, apart from the weekend we won't talk about - for months. And I'm cutting down on the patches. Slowly.

And I do go back and read everyone's horrible stories, to put myself off.

Nicky said...

I've got something you can do with your hands, Gregorio...

Play us something on the guitar! I haven't heard you play for years. Please?

Lindsay said...

What's wrong with knitting?

You could make chainmail, that's like knitting only with pliers.

John H. D. Watson said...

Nothing is wrong with knitting. He's probably secretly dying to try it.

Greg Lestrade said...

Nothing is wrong with knitting...if you have the slightest interest in woolly garments. The only ones I have any interest in are on your body. And I'm generally quite focussed on removing them. Not making more.

John H. D. Watson said...

I have no argument with that.

Bronwyn said...

Cats cradle. Don't ban me! You'd miss me!
Toodle,
Bronwyn

Anonymous said...

Oh dear lord, you boys are adorable when you're being all flirty and horny :-)

X said...

You could always sext... I mean TEXT John? Bonus, you get to work on your skills with the tiny keyboard and predictive text at the same time. ;)

Anonymous said...

X - you might possibly be a genius :-)

Polaris said...

I'm really digging the spiky hair. But I think I like the way he looks now a lot better -- here he looks like the sort of person who made my life hell in high school.

Bee said...

@Polaris I'm kinda relived I'm not the only one thinking that, I was feeling a little bad =p

GIR'S DOOMETTE said...

You could try carrying Silly Putty around with you. I have ADHD and I used to do that at school; it kept my hands busy so that I could concentrate in class.

Greg Lestrade said...

X - I fear what predictive text would make me say! Don't want to start arguments.

Polaris, Bee - I mainly bunked off school, but i hope I didn't make anyone miserable when I was there.

GD - good idea! Thanks.

Danger, may possibly get time off for lunch today if you/nicky etc. Are around my but of town. But with everyone stretched to breaking preparing for the royal wedding I can't promise anything.

Greg Lestrade said...

Cancel last bit, not at the yard anymore. Off to harass some criminals.

Post a Comment