To the at least one of my ex-girlfriends who reads this...sorry about that whole going off to war thing and forgetting to email you for weeks at a time. Lestrade has the defense of probably being out of mobile reception range and I usually didn't.
Sherlock and I have been to the park and then home to make sort-of cheese straws out of this frozen pastry stuff from Tesco, salt, dried oregano, and grated parmesan. It's our contribution to the dinner Mrs Hudson's making. I think I might've said we could get ice cream afterward.
My mum called a bit ago, and Sherlock answered the phone, so they've met now, in a manner of speaking. Telephonically. The first thing she said after Sherlock handed me the phone was, 'I thought you were exaggerating!'
Ha. No. I was not exaggerating.
Sherlock and I have been to the park and then home to make sort-of cheese straws out of this frozen pastry stuff from Tesco, salt, dried oregano, and grated parmesan. It's our contribution to the dinner Mrs Hudson's making. I think I might've said we could get ice cream afterward.
My mum called a bit ago, and Sherlock answered the phone, so they've met now, in a manner of speaking. Telephonically. The first thing she said after Sherlock handed me the phone was, 'I thought you were exaggerating!'
Ha. No. I was not exaggerating.
45 comments:
Your mother must credit you with an imagination that beggars belief, for, lovely as you are, I don't think you could have made up anybody quite like Sherlock.
I do hope Lestrade is well and safely tracking the villains of the earth without so much as a scratch.
I don't think anyone could make up Sherlock. If you put him in a book, the editor would probably want him revised to be more realistic.
Sorry. I'm okay. It's all over.
Oh thank god. What happened?
Lestrade - thank god you're okay. Um, not that I was worrying or anything. *ahem*
Are you really okay?
Greg - *hugs* It's good to hear that you're coming home. Did the case close all right?
John - Well, now your mother will be prepared when she meets Greg and the boys. Also, you were in a war zone, saving lives, and being busy. Yes, you probably worried your (ex)girlfriends quite a bit by being out of contact a lot, but sometimes...no news is good news. *hugs*
Sherlock - How are you doing today? How are the cheese straws looking? *hugs*
Mycroft = *hugs* I hope all is well.
-A from NW
We found them yesterday, in the woods. Been there ever since. I mean, back now, obviously. It was a stand off. The girl's unhurt. I'm fine. if was just...a long time, trying to talk to him. All yesterday, overnight, this morning, seemed like it would never end.
I'm so tired
Greg - Find a flat surface and sleep. If you're going to escorting anyone back to London, you need your wits about you. *hugs* I'm relieved that you're okay and so is the little girl.
You'll be home soon. Just hang onto that thought. (and Alice).
-A fron NW
I'm so glad it's over and that you and she are all right. And the Italian police too? You get to rest now for a bit I hope?
Yeah, everyone's okay except him.
The girl's with me, at the station. She's too scared to stay with anyone else. People are flying out to us. Can't sleep yet. Got coffee though.
Don't think I could sleep yet, to be honest.
Greg, I'm so glad it's over for you! Hopefully you'll be home soon and able to take a bit of a break.
John, at least the first introduction between your mom and Sherlock is done with. Yay?
Sherlock, how are the cheese straws turning out? I've never heard of them before. What do they taste like? Are they like a pasta?
Mycroft, I hope you're doing well, and school is going good for you.
*Hugs you all*
I'm not surprised she wants to stay with you. I hope you can both get some rest soon though, if not actual sleep. Does she have family left? I hope they're sending someone she knows.
God I'm so relieved you're all right. When can you come home?
Pip - Yay-ish. Possibly. We'll see.
She's got an aunt and uncle and grandparents. She's pretty traumatised, obviously. Hasn't let ho of me at all yet. Except when I went to the kip, during which she cried non stop. No one else here really speaks English.
Should be home Saturday, I think. Tomorrow to do the paperwork, flight ASAP on sat.
Lestrade, I'm so glad you've finally caught the guy! :) You're awesome. I hope you get back home soon and get that much needed rest. And poor girl, I hope she's no longer so scared. :( I'd think the spider might provide some comfort for her, but it might scare her more?
Poor child. And you. It sounds like a pretty horrible day and night.
What happened to him? If you can say.
I'm going to come to the airport to get you with John! And then John says you have to sleep but maybe ice cream after that?
She can borrow Spider but she can't keep her.
I'm so glad to hear that you and the girl are unharmed - and that she at least has you there for her. Poor kid, I'm sure everyone there's doing their best, but it must be horrible for her to have gone through all that and be in a country where no-one speaks her language as well :-(
Very glad to hear you'll be home soon :-D
Sorry, last comment didn't make much sense. Should say hasn't let go of me...apart from when I went to the loo.
Lupe - really don't feel awesome. And Spider might help, but she's at the hotel, and we're at the station. Not sure anything'll really make her feel better right now. Docs checked her out and said she's ok, but after what she's seen...well, it'll take a hell of a lot of time for her to be okay, I think.
Danger - I won't give details, but he killed himself. It wasn't a swift end.it was bad enough for the rest of us, let alone her.
I did think about getting someone to call you, but thought someone speaking bad broken English to you about me would be worse than just waiting with no word.
Sherlock - can't wait to see you. Be great if you meet me at the airport.
It's all right, I knew what you meant.
That's...bad enough, though I suppose it could've been worse. I'm glad she has family to go home to at least.
thought someone speaking bad broken English to you about me would be worse than just waiting with no word.
Yeah, think you're right. That translation could've gone very wrong indeed.
I'm sure you've seen far worse in your job - a hundred times over.
I don't know. After talking to him for so long I thought...I dunno, he'd only have ended up in jail for life. Can't help but think someone properly trained could have talked him through it.
Maybe. But also maybe not. He must've known life in prison was all he had to look forward to, and he must've been desperate to begin with to start all this.
I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Yeah. No point wondering. I'm sure the coroner's inquest will go into all that in painful detail.
I really can't wait to be home.
Distract me. Why did your mum call? You two talking more? And what did Sherlock say to her?
I think she called to see if Sherlock had calmed down, but she never actually said. We talked about you a bit and how much she hated it when Dad went on business trips, and about what Sherlock's doing in school.
When Sherlock picked up and she said who she was, he decided to tell her all about the jars Harvey the fish's organs are stored in. Canopic, right? I think that's it.
Also, remember you need to eat.
Talked about me? Id be worried if I had the energy.
She met any of your previous boyfriends?
No idea about canopic. If the Genietto says that's what they're called, I believe him. I bet she learnt something new.
I ate when Hannah did, a bit.
Good.
I would say she definitely learned more about fish intestines than she ever wanted, although possibly not as much as she will learn when she talks to him again.
She's only met four people I've been involved with. One at school, one at medical school, two when I was in the Army.
Don't be worried. It was all good things.
Bet you say that to her when she asks what you've told me, too...
I'm going to go for a bit. Try to get Hannah (whose name I didn't intend to tell you all...but I have now) to sleep some. I might be back later.
All right. Good luck.
She's sort of asleep. Dozing. Restless. I'm staying with her, obviously. May fall asleep myself in this chair.
Meant to ask - any previous partners you've taken to meet the parents been blokes?
Sleep would probably be good, even in a chair.
any previous partners you've taken to meet the parents been blokes?
No. I'm not quite sure I had boyfriends before you, as such. Just...well, men I slept with, to be blunt.
So between you and Harry...am I the first boy to meet the patents? Now I'm scared.
Glad you decided to hang on to me for longer than one or two nights then :) ... not that I'd have refused that...
Actually, no, not quite. Harry had a boyfriend when she was eleven. He lasted about a month. They mainly played Monopoly and rode bikes together as I remember.
Glad you decided to hang on to me for longer than one or two nights then
So am I.
Well...we ride my bike together...
I hate monopoly though.
Will your dad have saved up any lectures for any boys arriving on his doorstep with designs on one of his kids then?
Ha. I'm not sure he'd ever have gone for speeches. More glaring and attempted looming and intimidation. Which wouldn't work very well, given you're taller than he is.
Ha. I shall promise to be on my best behaviour.
But yeah, he'd be the latest in a very long line of people who tried to intimidate me. Not many have come close to succeeding, not since I was about 5.
Anyway, I've got Sherlock on my side :)
I would hope he wouldn't try it; we're all adults and so on. But really, who knows.
Yeah, just set him talking about canopic jars and fish intestines and back away slowly.
Rumour has it my mum's an adult and we all saw how that went...
I'm falling asleep here. I'll call you tomorrow when I know more about when I'll be home.
Sleep well.
See you soon. Nice to finally be able to say that.
Sleep well, love. See you Saturday.
J - I'm sure you slept better last night.
L - hope you managed some sleep, although I guess it may not have been all that restful.
A bit, thanks. But yeah, she was awake on and off, very upset, bad dreams. Sort of glad Sherlock's got me well trained, wasn't as out of my depth as I might've been.
Hope you did sleep okay Danger.
Yeah, not bad, better than I have been.
Sherlock wants to know whether you want brownies or flapjacks when you get home?
What would you and he rather cook? I don't mind.
Although, actually, if there was a chance of shortbread I wouldn't say no.
Sherlock a bit happier now it's the weekend?
I think he's mainly happier now that he knows when you're coming home, but yeah, the weekend's helping too. He's made more plans than anyone could reasonably fit into a month of weekends. And he wants to go and see Mycroft on Sunday, which would be nice.
Well I'm happier about that too.
Seeing Mycroft would be brilliant. I just want to hug all of you.
Post a Comment